Downton Abbey has long been revered for its show-stopping costumes. With elaborate accessories and hues of mystical romance, it is providing enough fringe, pearl and lace detail to satisfy even the most hardened of style critics. So, banish those corsets (so passé, darling) and bring on the flapper silhouette.
British hunting parties immediately make you think of that beautiful English countryside and can be yours if you dress the part.
Whether it is opulent candlelit dinners of bygone eras or country looks, we have all been inspired to create the looks of county and glamour. So how can we bring a little Downton into our daily lives without having to have our maid’s available to dress us?
- Wear a long string of pearls.
- Invest in a long pair of gloves and wear with a short sleeve dress for added glamour.
- Try a lacey little number with sheer sleeves will flatter and feminise.
- How about a bow at the neck of your blouse for that prim ‘Lady Edith’ look?
- Dress in clothes with embellishment and detail.
- Don’t forget a dropped waist dress to be in tune with the era.
- Find a cloche style hat for added drama.
- Add hair accessories to your locks to add sparkle even for the daytime.
- Buy that wax or heritage inspired jacket you have been meaning to get.
- Find a simple striped blouse. Oh, maybe not – I am sure we would all rather look more Lady Mary than Daisy.
Remember, in the words of the Dowager Countess of Grantham (played by Maggie Smith) – “I’m a woman, Mary. I can be as contrary as I choose.”
Why not find out which of the Downton Fashions are for you by booking a Style Consultation? Drop waist dresses are not for everyone!
Click here and we’ll find the perfect consultant, just for you. We have a friendly and knowledgeable team!
Check out our Pinterest board for some more inspiration https://uk.pinterest.com/colourmebeautuk/downton-fashion-inspiration
Images courtesy of Pinterest